Does Your Fridge Need To Be Rebuilt?
Check your refrigerator for these common symptoms of a bad cooling unit.
- The lower part of the refrigerator doesn't cool but the freezer still freezes OK.
- You can smell ammonia inside the refrigerator.
- The cooling unit makes a gurgling sound.
- The freezer gets hot instead of getting cold.
- If you see any yellow residue on the outside of the cooling unit.
- Does not cool after running for more than 2 hours on either gas or electric.
Note: The average life of an RV refrigerator is 15 years.